EMERGING LEADERS INSTITUTE (ELI)
WHAT IS ELI?
The Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) is an innovative program that was designed by MAEOPP leaders who recognized the need to strengthen MAEOPP by developing potential leaders from within the association. Initiated in 1989, the program’s purpose was to identify and prepare MAEOPP members to assume leadership positions at the chapter and
regional levels, to help those individuals grow personally and professionally, and to strengthen the association.
The Emerging Leaders Institute is a year‐long leadership development program. The program’s design combines professional development, networking opportunities, and hands‐on experiences that prepare participants for greater involvement in MAEOPP and in the respective chapters.
Graduates of the ELI Program:
- Possess a greater understanding of MAEOPP’s history, structure, objectives and procedures.
- Contribute to the success of their respective chapters and the original association by assuming leadership responsibilities such as holding offices, chairing committees, and serving as mentors for new MAEOPP professionals.
- Become committed to their professions, the association, and the students they serve.
The one‐year program involves five, 2‐day training sessions that are held on Fridays and Saturdays in various cities within the MAEOPP region. Two of the five sessions are held in conjunction with the annual MAEOPP conferences.
During the training session, participants:
- Network with MAEOPP professionals
- Gain a better understanding of the MAEOPP organization.
Develop and enhance leadership skills through professional development activities and individual assignments.
- Complete an ELI class project as charged by the MAEOPP president.
Emerging Leaders Institute Application
ELI Committee Chair Contact Information:
India Jeffery: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRIO/Student Support Services
Southeast Missouri State University
One University Plaza, Mail Stop 1350
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701