What is a TRIO Achiever?
A TRIO Achiever is an outstanding former TRIO participant that has received recognition within his/her profession or for outstanding academic achievement. They are individuals who have made significant civic, community, or professional contributions.
2014 MO-KAN-NE TRIO Achiever Call for Nominations
TRIO Achievers are recognized at the TRIO Achievers banquet during the Annual Conference. The public recognition of outstanding former TRIO participants is a special event that gives our TRIO community an opportunity to congratulate our alumni on their success. This award further serves as a source of pride in the knowledge that TRIO continues to make a difference in the lives of thousands of first generation and low-income students throughout the MO-KAN-NE region and the United States. For 2014, the MO-KAN-NE Chapter will honor up to three (3) TRIO Achievers.
Criteria for Selection of TRIO Achievers:
The TRIO Achiever nominee must:
- Be a former TRIO program participant who was enrolled in and successfully completed a TRIO program in the MO-KAN-NE Region.
- Have enrolled in and successfully completed a postsecondary program of study resulting in a baccalaureate or terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Be a person of high stature within his/her profession or has received recognition for outstanding academic achievement.
- Currently be employed above the entry level designation for his/her profession or enrolled in a program for a degree above the baccalaureate degree. Special preference is given to nominees who have been out of school for five or more years.
- Have made significant civic, community, or professional contributions.
- Acknowledge that participation in the TRIO project had significant impact upon the candidate in obtaining his/her educational and/or professional objectives.
***The nominator must be a current member of MAEOPP/MO-KAN-NE***
**Please note that the MKN Chapter will cover transportation and one (1) night lodging expenses.
Please submit the following materials. Nomination Packets that are incomplete or missing materials will not be considered.
- MO-KAN-NE TRIO Achiever Nomination Form MKN 2014 TRIO Achiever Nomination Form
- Testimonial Letter from Nominator
- One Professional Letter of Reference
- Personal Statement from Nominee
- Nominee’s Resume
**If selected, the committee will need a photo of nominee
Submission deadline is February 14, 2014 by 5:00 pm
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Send all completed materials to email@example.com. No fax or mail submissions will be accepted. If you have questions or need additional information, please contact MKN TRIO Achiever Committee Chair (Ms. Julia O’Dell) at 913.321.5512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past TRIO Achievers (2011-2013) Past TRIO Achievers