What is a TRIO Achiever?
A TRIO Achiever is an outstanding former TRIO participant that has received recognition within his/her profession or for outstanding academic achievement. They are individuals who have made significant civic, community, or professional contributions.
TRIO Achievers are recognized at the TRIO Achievers banquet at the Annual Conference. It is a special event that gives our TRIO community an opportunity to congratulate our alumni on their success. This award further serves as a source of pride in the knowledge that TRIO continues to make a difference in the lives of thousands of first-generation and low-income students throughout the MO-KAN-NE region and the United States. For 2017, the MO-KAN-NE Chapter will honor up to three (3) TRIO Achievers.
Criteria for Selection of TRIO Achiever:
The TRIO Achiever nominee must:
- Be a former TRIO program participant who was enrolled in and successfully completed a TRIO program in the MO-KAN-NE Region.
- Have enrolled in and successfully completed a post-secondary program of study resulting in a baccalaureate or terminal degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Must be a person of high stature within his/her profession or has received recognition for outstanding academic achievement.
- Must currently be employed above the entry level designation for his/her profession or enrolled in a program for a degree above the baccalaureate degree. Special preference is given to nominees who have been out of school for five or more years.
- Must have made significant civic, community, or professional contributions.
- Acknowledge that participation in the TRIO project had significant impact upon the candidate in obtaining his/her educational and/or professional objectives.
Submission deadline is March 15th, 2017 by 5:00 pm
More information is available at http://www.mokanne.org/TRIO%20Achievers.aspx. Please contact the TRIO Achiever Chair, Larry T Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or need additional information.
Past TRIO Achievers (2011-2015) Past TRIO Achievers